Vilene Wash - White
Vilene™ D0102 is a non-woven water soluble stabilizer.
Available in 12” x 10yd Rolls (30.5cm x 9.1m) as well as 8" x 8" pre-cut squares. (Please note that some pre-cut squares may very slightly in size due to the machine cutting process.)
- Vilene™ has the look, feel, and the strength of a cut-away stabilizer, but washes away easily when submerged in warm water.
- Stable enough to hold high stitch count designs without falling apart.
- Ideal topping for high pile fabrics like sweat shirts and towels.
- Used for heirloom sewing and applique projects.
- One layer of Vilene is often enough for most jobs. You may wish to consider two layers when embroidering dense lace.
For stiffer projects, you can rinse the Vilene™ for just a couple of minutes, pat out excess water, and shape your lace or fabric.
- Cut enough stabilizer to cover the hoop and hang about an inch over the edge.
- Lay the Vilene™ and fabric over the outer hoop, place fabric in correct position and hoop the project.
- If necessary give the Vilene™ a few tugs in order to remove any wrinkles.
- After embroidering, unhoop your fabric and cut away any excess Vilene™.
- Thoroughly wash out Vilene™ with warm water.
Vilene™ D0102 is sometimes referred to as "Wet N Gone" or "Aqua Magic".