Avalon Film Wash-Away
Avalon Film Wash-Away Stabilizer is a soluble, transparent film. A great benefit of using Avalon Film is that you will still be able to see your placement markings after laying the clear film on top.
- Terry cloth
- Looped fabric
- Knit and sweater fabrics
- Organza & netting
- Prevents stitches from sinking into the fabric.
- Achieve sharp outlines and clean details when embroidering high pile fabrics.
- Use as a backing when creating button holes or cut work.
How to use
- Cut enough Avalon Film to be hooped with your selected frame.
- Position your embroidery backing, fabric and Avalon over the bottom hoop, then hoop the project.
- Check that the Avalon is flat.
- Embroider as usual.
- After embroidery, gently tear away the excess film.
- To remove excess film inside the embroidery, moisten the embroidery and dab with a clean cloth or sponge. You can also use a leftover piece of film. Press it onto the humid embroidery, wait a few seconds, and tear away.
- The garment's first wash will dissolve any excess.
- You could also put a moistened cloth on top of the embroidery and iron it dry. The film will be absorbed into the cloth.
- Avalon can be used under and on top to sandwich very stretchy garments when hooping. Make sure that both layers are hooped properly and lay flat. This sandwich technique can be used as an additional measure to prevent stretch and puckering.